Placing a Premium On Partnership
- AB was the first to standardize performance in sponsorship agreements
- All 90+ U.S. Team + League Partnerships are up for renewal by or in 2021
- Every new agreement included incentive clauses worth up to 30% in additional spend based on meeting or surpassing AB InBev-defined KPI’s
- Performance was tied to four (4) KPI categories
- Properties did not receive less is they failed to meet or surpass target KPI’s and the annual base spend did not decrease
AB InBev Performance KPIs
The traditional sponsorship model, based on fees and media commitments, does not deliver the best value for us at a time when most leagues and teams are facing challenges with live attendance and TV ratings.
MVP & AB InBev
How We Support AB InBev
Designed to consistently measure the performance and estimated media value for all branded content (organic & promoted) being produced by each property for AB InBev. The model places an appropriately heavy emphasis on engagement quality, with each property being contextually evaluated against themselves (performance over time), against their league counterparts, and against the entire AB InBev partner ecosystem.
The engine behind the comparative analysis and comprehensive measurement during every week.
The human layer that ensures no stone is left unturned in the quest for partner accountability and performance standardization
Input data for the performance-based sponsorship model directly into AB In Bev’s dashboard
Capabilities & Results
- The MVP Social Platform and insights reports gave AB InBev complete visibility into sponsorship performance through social media
- We measured active partnerships in real time to gauge weekly performance
- AB InBev was empowered to make informed decisions by comparing and contrasting partnerships based on objective and grouping partnerships together based on industry vertical
- Potential partnerships and new sponsors were assessed in platform by analyzing similar partnerships within other leagues and teams
- Performance metrics were synthesized and used to convey performance alongside relevant sales and sponsorship data